Wednesday, May 13, 2009

2009/2010 season preparations

I was raring to take on the Blue Square Premier by storm but i knew much improvement was needed. Even though I had a formidable transfer budget of 0 euros, the wage budget increase from around 7.2k euros/week to 8.6k e/week was encouraging. The only player to leave was Shaun Wilkinson, who wasn't in my first team plans anyway. Some clever scouting was in order and after a while I bought these players



Jeffrey Imudia(19) - he was my first choice to a season loan extension; I hope he will be as solid playing as my MR as in my first season and he listed Havant&Waterlooville as his favourite club!

Liam Hogan(18) - a young GK from my parent club Southampton; I just felt that my current GK, Kevin Scriven wasn't ready for a superior league yet and Liam Hogan was a convenient and promising choice.

Matty Mainwaring(19) - this ML was a bit of a gamble from me, the ML position was my weakest in the first season partly due to Lee Holmes' refusal to extend his 3 month loan so with Matty I just hoped for the best.

Thomas Pinault(27) - an experienced 100% AM, a position which was patched with MC during my first season; he has great technical and physical stats for BSP and I am sure he will become my first choice AM

Dale Tonge(24) - this DR/WBR was voted the best player in BSN last season and because I felt my right wing needed strenghtening I jumped right at this player and battled quite a few clubs until he finally signed for Havant

George Daly(18) - a young and promising ST signed to be a match for my other great striker Paul Booth who was the only one to play fairly consistent; I am looking forward to what he can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment